Sunday, October 17, 2010

Time flies

Can it really be Day 67?
Well, not much has happened in the past few weeks. The floors have been sanded and sealed...two coats, but only in some places. The top floor looks the best where they started so it's apparent they started to run out of sealer about halfway down. But then, what did we really expect?

Today I took out all of the old mortise door locks, adjusted, and put them back in so that they actually work. I am the proud new owner of a chisel...where has this tool been all my life??

This week the kitchens will arrive and the cornice. A backyard fence on Tuesday. Maybe they'll put the radiators in?
And still no word on the (correct) siding.
So close...and still no end in sight.

1 comment:

  1. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a beautiful birthday homecoming in Redhook!!! :-)

    (I would say Thanksgiving, but meh, why jinx it)

    ReplyDelete