Monday, September 5, 2011

Front steps

About a week ago I painted the last coat on the cement steps...and then I scraped, primed and painted the railings.
For the last four (yes...four) days I have been scraping the gate, newel posts, and fencing. Gives a new meaning to Labor Day weekend, doesn't it. On the good side-- I have met just about everyone in the neighborhood. On the bad side--I can barely move.
The coming rain is a relief because I need a breather before I can even think about painting them.

4 comments:

  1. Would you perhaps be able to tell me what type of paint you used on the cement steps? Lovely house...I'm in the process of completely renovating a house so I can relate. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went downstairs to take a look...it's called interior/exterior Skid-Not made by Valspar. It has a little bit of a sandy grit to it...and you can have colors mixed, but I don't remember which we used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for checking on the paint. We have a small set of cement steps I'd like to paint in the future. If you have any interest in checking out our in-process-house renovation in Maine, you can visit my flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/elizabethweston/sets/72157628246486705/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, what a lot of work you're doing! The house is so cute, I can only imagine what it's going to look like! Wondering if you know about this blog: http://www.katyelliott.com
    I only thought of it because she's in Marblehead, ME and doing a massive reno on a historic house....I followed her blog for quite awhile while we were working on our own. Misery loves company, I guess... :)Good luck!!!! Send photos when it's done!

    ReplyDelete